Panchakarma means the five ‘kriyas’, which is to purify and eliminate the impurities from the body.
1. NASYAM (application of small drops of medicine through nose)
2. VAMANAM (induced vomiting)
3. VIRECHANAM (purgation)
4. PINDASWEDA AND BASTHI (medicated enema)
5. RAKTHAMOKSHAM (blood letting)
This are the Panchakarama Treatments.Panchakarma is purification therapy.
Nasya – The administration of drugs through the nose is called Nasya. Nasya is particularly useful in urdhvajatrugat disease. It specifically provides strength to the head, nose and neck by improving the functioning of the endocrine glands it works on the whole body . It will prevent premature wrinkling, greying and hair fall.
The speciality of this treatment is that it can be administered both in a healthy, as well as unhealthy people. When a healthy person subjects himself to Panchakarma, it has a preventive, restorative and rejuvenative effect on the body.
Treatment Beneficial for
- Stiffness in the head, neck, teeth and jaw.
- Pain / Loss of function of shoulder muscle, jaundice.
- Chronic coryza (sinusitis).
- Diseases of mouth, nose, ear, eye and head.
- Facial paralysis
- Hypertension, spondylosis, Infertility.
- Hormonal imbalances, psychological disorders.