Panchakarma means the five ‘kriyas’, which is to purify and eliminate the impurities from the body.
1. NASYAM (application of small drops of medicine through nose)
2. VAMANAM (induced vomiting)
3. VIRECHANAM (purgation)
4. PINDASWEDA AND BASTHI (medicated enema)
5. RAKTHAMOKSHAM (blood letting)
These are various Panchakarama Treatments, Panchakarma is a purification therapy.
Vamana – Abhyangam is an Ayurveda way of oil massage . Gentle pressure on Marma while doing massage provides Prana energy to the body and mind which gives ultimate healing. In Abhyangam, special herb infused Ayurvedic oils are slowly warmed up and gently massaged in to the skin. This massage also improves lymph flow and stimulates the immune system. It simultaneously calms and strengthens the nervous system. In this way Abhyangam massage is a protector, preserver and rejuvenator.
The specialty of this treatment is that it can be administered both in healthy, as well as unhealthy people . When a healthy person subjects himself to Panchakarma, it has a preventive, restorative and rejuvenative effect on the body.
Treatment Beneficial for
- Asthama, bronchitis, chronic sinusitis, skin disease, diabetes, indigestion, obesity, removes stomach toxins, gland enlargement, epilepsy, erisepalus, hyper acidity
- To enhance sexual power
- For relaxation
- Vata related disorders
- General weakness
- Joint disorders
- Muscles issues
- Disorders of the nervous system
- Muscular-skeletal problems